LeXT Robo Academy uses LEGO education concept and curriculum to provide a hands-on learning experience and fun environment for our students while developing their skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Students between the ages of 3-18 years old will build and design the infrastructures using mechanical engineering principles and concept through engaging S.T.E.M. base activities and workshops.
Throughout our sessions, we also teach scientific principles, the structure of an object, energy, knowledge of gears movement and fundamentals of robotics and programming including sound sensors and touch sensors.
We offer four sessions per month. Once a student completes 12 sessions they will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be moved up to the next level of classes. There are four stages per age group.
STUDENT TO TEACHER RATIO 4:1
Job Opening: LEGO Robotics Senior Instructor
We are hiring a full-time LEGO Robotics Senior Instructor to work at Irvine office located at 4670 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92604. The hired individual is expected to perform the following duties:
- Fully understand LEGO Education principles and concepts and develop Robotics courses for children ages 3-16 years old, including Arduino, Scratch, and Python courses.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, curricular units, and projects and communicates these objectives to students.
- Instruct classes, supervise, interact with, and motivate students while they build projects according to scripted lesson plans at LeXT Robo Academy.
- Manage classroom behavior by enforcing rules and implementing safety procedures.
- Facilitate learning and positive group dynamics among students.
- Grade students and communicate with parents about their progress.
- Scout robotics competition opportunities and select appropriate games for students at LeXT Robo Academy.
- Review all rules and regulations of robotics competition, and train and prepare students for First LEGO League (FLL) competitions and robotics contests.
- Liaise with hosts of robotics competitions, familiarize with contest registration rules, agenda, pre-game training, game equipment specification, and budget, and report essential information to management.
- Attend FLL competitions with teams, and timely recognize and respond to emergency situations providing proper care as needed.
- Connect with visiting teams from China for robotics competitions in the U.S. and provide itinerary, training venue, and class content, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Automation (foreign equivalent degree acceptable).
- One-year work experience in education service.
- Prior experience in coaching students for LEGO League contests.
- Proficient in Arduino, Scratch, and Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy, team player, and attention to detail.
Interested candidates: please mail your resume and cover letter to LeXT Inc, 4670 Barranca Parkway, Irvine, CA 92604.